West Cameroon Movement for Change Petition French Embassy, London
On Friday, 20 January 2017, the West Cameroon Movement for Change, UK, led protesters to the French Embassy where they handed a petition.
The petition had five requests for the French Ambassador, Sylvie Bermann, to pass on to her country. It asks France to:
- Stop its support for the dictatorial regime in Cameroon
- Condemn the rape, torture, acts of violence and arbitrary arrests of innocent citizens.
- Stop the proliferation of arms within Cameroon and the French African Region
- Stop its continuous dominance and exploitation of Cameroon through non-existent or extinct ‘bilateral deals’.
- Recognise that her continuous lopsided interference in Cameroon is likely to lead to a genocide similar to that of Rwanda.
Below is the full English version of the petition:
The petition ended by reiterating the demands of WCMC and their sympathisers.
Below is a copy French Version of the petition